lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to het the score in percentage
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 12:36:03 GMT
But to echo Chris, what does percentage mean? The percent
of the words that matched? So, in your example,
would document one match 75%, doc two 50% and
doc three 100%? And what would that mean to a user?

I think it would help if you backed up and told us *why*
you want these percentages. A higher level view than
just asking "how do I calculate percent". I have the
feeling that this is an XY problem. i.e. you're asking
about X, but the real problem is Y which may be unrelated.

Best
Erick