lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MultiFieldQueryParser - using a different analyzer per field...
Date Sat, 02 May 2009 00:24:42 GMT
Hmmmm... If that's the case, would you suggest copying the
relevant fields, using the different analyzers at index time? Then perhaps
combining the two Queries returned from the MFQP into two clauses
in a BooleanQuery? Or is there a more elegant way?

Because you're right of course, trying to use two different
Analyzers on the same field(s) would produce...er..."interesting" results.

Best
Erick