lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From weidong sun <lmcw...@gmail.com>
Subject Question wrt Lucene analyzer for different language
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 14:11:46 GMT
Hello,

I am a newbie in Lucene world. I might ask some obvious question which
unfortunately I don't know the answer. Please help me 'grow'.

We have a project intend to use Lucene search engine for search some user's
info stored our system. The user info might not be in English even it will
be stored in UTF-8 encoding.

My question is, if I use one particular Lucene analyzer for a language other
than English (e.g. ChineseAnalyzer or ArabicAnalyzer), can it still able to
handle it correctly if user info is mixed with English character/word?

Really appreciated with any answers.

:-)