lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From samd <sdoyl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Alphanumeric Search Problem
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 04:24:46 GMT

So I ended up trying to work something with stop words to remove the "-" and
some other character from the term. I'm using the snowballanalyzer for both
indexing and searching. 

For some reason the stopwords did not work so I made a custom filter which
did the trick.


samd wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I'm encountering an issue where expected search results are not being
> found as in the following example
> 
> I have two values
> name-test-1234
> name-1234-test
> 
> When a search for 'name' is done only the first result is found.
> If I had a wildcard to the search i.e. name* both will be found.
> 
> I would suspect that I should not have to enter the wildcard in this case.
> 
> In addition if a field contains a single alphanumeric term such as abc123
> then search for abc does not find a match without the wildcard as well.
> 
> Thanks
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Alphanumeric-Search-Problem-tp23514324p23515165.html
Sent from the Lucene - Java Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message