lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From theDude_2 <aornst...@webmd.net>
Subject MultiFieldQueryParser - using a different analyzer per field...
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 19:33:38 GMT

Hello fellow Lucene developers!

I have a bit of a question - and I can't find the answer in my lucene
book....

Im trying to create a query that will query 2 fields using different
analyzers and combine the scores together to give me my "hits".  The idea is
that for the one dataset I want a pure text match only, and for the other I
want to use the stemming concept by using a custom made analyzer.

Is there a way to do this?

--This is what I am thinking (conceptually)------
MultiFieldQueryParser mfqp1 = new MultiFieldQueryParser(field1, new
StandardAnalyzer(), boosts);
MultiFieldQueryParser mfqp2 = new MultiFieldQueryParser(field2, new
PositionalPorterStopAnalyzer(), boosts);

my MultiFieldQueryParser = mfqp1 + mfqp2