lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Downloading Lucene 2.9 from Maven
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 17:47:41 GMT

On May 12, 2009, at 11:13 AM, Paul Taylor wrote:

> Michael McCandless wrote:
>>
> Hi I can see the on hudson it nows say 2.9-SNAPSHOT, but theres
> nothing in the maven central repository, so is  there a way I  can
> get it downloaded automatically or not ?

We don't publish SNAPSHOTs to the central Maven repo as they are not
official releases.  You have to add the ASF snapshot repo to your POM
(see the Maven docs for how to do this).  Also note, because these
snapshots are _not_ official releases, they are subject to change,
including removal.  That being said, we don't often remove them or
change them.

The URL for the snapshots repo is http://people.apache.org//maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/lucene

.  I'm not sure where you got that other URL from or who maintains that.

Hope this helps,
Grant

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/