lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marco Lazzara <marco.lazz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems searching index
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 16:19:25 GMT
Hi everybody,
I've a problem with my searching index.
I've created a stand alone application and it works perfectly.I've put
them on tomcat launching with java web start but If I run the query(the
same query) I always obtain no result!!!!please help me!!!

Marco Lazzara

Il giorno lun, 18/05/2009 alle 09.43 -0500, Eric LeVin ha scritto:
> Apparently it was because I needed to actually look at the method
> signature a bit closer :)  not reassigning my indexReader instance would
> mean I was always using the first instance created which wouldn't have
> the documents in them.  Thanks again for your help!
>
> -Eric LeVin
>
> balasubramanian sudaakeran wrote:
> > Hi Eric LeVin,
> > I think whenever you reopen the indexReader you have to re-create indexSearcher
also. This is because reopen of indexReader will give you a new instance if the underlying
data is changed.

> > Function documentation for IndexReader.reopen
> >    * If the index has not changed since this instance was (re)opened, then this
> >    * call is a NOOP and returns this instance. Otherwise, a new instance is
> >    * <b>Note:</b> The re-opened reader instance and the old instance
might share
> >    * the same resources. For this reason no index modification operations
> >    * (e. g. {@link #deleteDocument(int)}, {@link #setNorm(int, String, byte)})
> >    * should be performed using one of the readers until the old reader instance
> >    * is closed. <b>Otherwise, the behavior of the readers is undefined.</b>

> >    * <p>

issues searching.  I've created a simple little index of 10 documents as follows:

> > id: 1
> > type: Article
> > content: <<some content>>

> > id: 10
> > type: Article
> > content: <<other content>>
> >
> > So I created a simple TermQuery for starters that would pull back all of my Article
types:

> > BooleanQuery bq = new BooleanQuery();
> > bq.add(new TermQuery(new Term(FIELD_TYPE, "Article")), Occur.MUST);
> >
> > I realize that I could simply do a TermQuery, but I want to be able to add additional
content constraints after I get this working.  So here is where my confusion comes in:

> > If I run the query against my IndexSearcher, I get 0 results; however, if I run
it as a delete on the IndexWriter, I can open it in Luke and see the entire index deleted.
 So why would the writer be finding documents and the searcher wouldn't?  As a note, whenever
I am adding documents, I am calling reopen() on the reader.  Here is how I'm creating the
writer/reader/searcher: