lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From adasal <adam.salt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lsi as indexing algorithm with lucene
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:33:08 GMT
Hello all,
following the link to SemanticVectors - related research there is this
link:-
Magnus Sahlgren. An introduction to random
indexing.<http://www.sics.se/%7Emange/papers/RI_intro.pdf>
I would like to point out that Magnus Sahlgren has completed a PHd in this
area which is both very readable and very informative.
There are also other Java implementations of Random Indexing using sparse
arrays, one referenced from the SICS site, sometimes it is helpful to look
at alternatives as examples offered can be illuminating.
Adam Saltiel

2009/4/26 Dominik Jednoralski <twelve02@googlemail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I'm the guy who has written the bachelor on this. Sorry it took a while to
> publish it to the community, but I had to improve it before publishing. The
> topic of the thesis was to augment the Lucene-driven search facility of the
> Intelligent Tutoring System ActiveMath by latent semantics. Semantic
> results
> came from the SemanticVectors software package by Dominic Widdows
>
> http://code.google.com/p/semanticvectors/
>
> and have been used to 'blow up' an index query in a way Mr Libbrecht, my
> supervisor, described above.
>
> I wonder if my blog is an appropriate location for my thesis, so please
> feel
> free to redistribute it.
>

> http://www.twelve02.de/publications/jednoralski_bachelorthesis_latent_semantics_for_activemath.pdf
>

> Best
>
> Dominik Jednoralski
>

> 2009/3/18 Simon Willnauer <simon.willnauer@googlemail.com>
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org>
> > wrote:
> > > Depending on your corpus, a semantic vector enabled search engine
> > definitely
> > > is more semantic than one without.
> > >
> > > The general approach I have with these is:
> > >
> > > - get a query
> > > - expand each terms of the query with the fuzzification of
> > semantic-vectors
> > > (e.g. if requested for termA, add termB and termC with their
> > > semantic-distance as a boost factor)
> > > - run query get results with higher rank for termA if found, then for
> > termB
> > > and termC
> > >
> > > My student Dominik Jednoralski has written a bachelor thesis on that.
> > > I'll forward the request to send you this.
> > If it is possible could you post a link where everybody can reach the
> > thesis of your student?
> > I guess it could be interesting for a couple of people on this list
> > and a benefit for your student as well.
> >
> > simon
> > >
> > > Join the semanticVectors' list where the original author also talks.
> > >
> > > paul

for