lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jonathan esposito <jonathan.e...@gmail.com>
Subject New tool: LSql
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 18:27:33 GMT
I created a command-line tool in Java that allows the user to execute
sql-like commands against a lucene index.  This is useful for
automating Lucene index migrations without writing any code.
Essentially, you can treat a Lucene index the same as you would a
database.  For example, you can write:

UPDATE field1=newvalue WHERE +field1:oldvalue

Or you can simply view data by using the SELECT command:

SELECT field1,field2 WHERE +field1:value

You are welcome to visit the project here:
http://code.google.com/p/lucene-sql/.  Any contributions or
suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I will make an effort to
provide more documentation shortly.

Thanks,
Jonathan Esposito