lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ignatov <kmis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Autonomy search technology
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 06:15:22 GMT
Here is at yellopages/rus (yell.ru) we switch from FAST to Lucene. I
am HAPPY about it. Sometimes FAST was a nightmare to work with.
Non-working features, obscure bugs, thousands of non-documented
settings, slow, lazy and dumb techsupport... Not mention it's
ridiculous price and very limiting license (you are limited with a
fixed number of queries/sec).  And yes, if you want to do something
not completely trivial, you have to cont(r)act FAST solution
department and buy the solution.

Vladimir Ignatov