lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ariel <isaacr...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with ranking in lucene
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 13:13:01 GMT
Hi everybody:

I have a question about the ranking of lucene. Here I have the problem: when
I do a search in my index like this: bank OR transference I get 10 results,
the first two documents that are returned have the both terms in the content
field but then the 3th, 4th and 5th only has the word bank and then the 6th
is a document that have both terms.
Why is this happening ?
It is not supposed that when I do a search with the OR operator it returned
first the documents that have the terms together and then the document that
only have one of the two terms ???
I am indexing by two fields and I am searching with MultifieldQuery in both
fields two: title and content, I am using the same analyzer for indexing and
searching.

I hope you can help me.
Thanks in advance
Regards