lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Proximity and Percentage match search in Lucene
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:43:43 GMT

Radha: replying/reforwarding the same message over and over doesn't tend
to be a useful way to encourage additional replies.  if you do have
something to add to an existing discussion that you've started, you should
at least do it as a reply to the orriginal discussion so people have the
full context...
  http://www.nabble.com/Need-help-%3A-SpanNearQuery-to23077372.html

I'm really not sure that anyone has any new additional info to offer you.
this is a particularly hard problem, that doesn't have a very efficient
solution that i know of.  it sounds like you've already tried the obvious
solution, but aren't happy with the scores produced -- if you can't get
the scores you want by tweaking the Similarity options available, then
implementing custom Query/Scorer classes is really the only remaining
option.