lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Newman, Billy" <Billy.New...@itt.com>
Subject NativeFSLockFactory still leaving lock files around on abnormal termination
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2009 15:44:55 GMT
So I have recently switched to using NativeFSLockFactory so that when my jboss instance is
shutdown or comes down abnormally it does not leave lock files around.  My problem is that
it is not working.

I have put in debug to be sure that I am really using NativeFSLockFactory.  I have tested
this on XP, Solaris 10, and RedHat 4 with the same results.  I have also just wrote a quick
test program that obtains a lock then loops forever.  I kill the program and once again the
lock file is being left around.  Anyone run into this before?  Am I doing something wrong?

I am using version 2.4.1.

Thanks,
Billy

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for
e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this
e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage
caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.