lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zhang, Lisheng" <Lisheng.Zh...@BroadVision.com>
Subject RE: Lucene 1.4.3: Error when creating Searcher
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 21:14:07 GMT
Hi,

So it is always OK in 2.4 when multiple java processes
try to create IndexerSearcher at the same time? Just
want to make sure.

I think upgrading should be the best option.

Thanks very much for helps, Lisheng

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael McCandless [mailto:lucene@mikemccandless.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 1:59 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Lucene 1.4.3: Error when creating Searcher

Ahh yes right.  If multiple IndexSearchers are trying to open at once,
they each try to acquire the commit lock and can thus starve one
another.

The simplest workaround is to just keep retrying opening the IndexSearcher.

Though if you accidentally get an orphan'd commit lock in the
directory (eg if the JRE was killed while IndexSearcher was trying to
open) then you'll have to remove that file.

Or upgrade to Lucene >= 2.1 with lockless commits.

Mike