lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zhang, Lisheng" <Lisheng.Zh...@BroadVision.com>
Subject RE: Lucene 1.4.3: Error when creating Searcher
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 19:40:49 GMT
Hi,

Sorry that my initial message is not clear, I read lucene source code (both 1.4.3
and 2.4.0), and understood more.

The problem is that when using lucene 1.4.3 sometimes when searching, we got
the error:

Lock obtain timed out: Lock@/tmp/lucene-ba94511756a2670adeac03a50532c63c-commit.lock

It seems that in 2.4.0 we will never have this issue because this error can only
happen when concurrent writing.

Is this true?

Thanks very much for helps, Lisheng