lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: MultiSearcher query with Sort option
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 08:23:57 GMT
Hallo Preetham,

never heard of this. What Lucene version do you use?
To check out, try the search in andifferent way:
Combine the two indexes not into a MultiSearcher, instead open an
IndexReader for both indexes and combine both readers to a MultiReader. This
MultiReader can be used like a conventional single index and searched with
IndexSearcher. If the error then disappears, there may be a bug. If not,
something with your indexes is wrong.

I always recommend to only use MultiSearcher in distributed or parallel
search scenarios, never for just combining two indexes.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen