lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: no segments* file found: files: Error on opening index
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:09:06 GMT
Are you sure you can't make the reader reopen block on a reindex?  Or
skip reopen if reindex is in process?

(Because that's the simplest solution).

If not, I think the next best solution is likely to allow multiple
commit points in the index.  You'll need a custom deletion policy that
always keeps the "last commit point that's safe to reopen" in the
index.  Then a reindex can gleefully proceed since the last "safe to
reopen" commit point will not be deleted.  If a reader wants to
reopen, you ask it to reopen on that "last safe commit point".

But these APIs (reopen to a commit point) are only available in 2.9
trunk.  You can emulate this in prior releases by using separate
indexing directories in the filesystem.

Mike