lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Yet another NFS Question...
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 20:12:36 GMT
"In theory" either solution will work, from Lucene's standpoint.  But
this is not well-explored territory: you are a pioneer!  Please report
back on your results :)

Usually (and this may be different in your app), search performance
trumps indexing performance, so my guess is you'd want the index
hosted on the same machine doing searching.  If you do it this way,
it's possible you won't need a custom IndexDeletionPolicy, because the
searchers will hold open files via the local filesystem which should
properly protect them when an NFS client (the indexer machine) tries
to delete them.

Mike