lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: no segments* file found: files: Error on opening index
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:07:55 GMT
It's fine if one thread is changing the index (w/ IndexWriter) while
other threads are opening IndexReaders.

Though, if you have IndexWriter opening with "create=true" at the same
time that an IndexReader is attempting to open the index, that would
explain this.  Is it possible that's happening?

The fact that you see no files listed in the exception's message means
the directory was empty at the time IndexReader was being openened.

Mike