lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <>
Subject Re: readModifiedUTF8String stuck
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 21:17:03 GMT
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 4:46 PM, MakMak <> wrote:
> - We had a 2.3.2 index earlier. We have reindexed using 2.4.1 now.

So the hang still happens with 2.4.1?

> - SAN is ruled out. This occurs even with local file system.

Have you confirmed things are really hung, vs just taking a long time?
 EG if you dump the thread traces several times in a row, that same
thread (stuck in String.init) has exactly the same trace?

> - One more point, this occurs with very high load on the application. about
> 2-3 requests per second, the search part of each request is within
> milliseconds. the page size is 25, 25 documents are loaded per search
> request to be shown to the user.

When the hang happens, is the JRE consuming CPU?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message