lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: NativeFSLockFactory still leaving lock files around on abnormal termination
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2009 18:00:47 GMT
This is normal: the file will be left in the directory, but, the lock
will not be held (the OS releases it, but does not delete the file).
I think the javadocs state this somewhere.

Mike

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Newman, Billy <Billy.Newman@itt.com> wrote:
> So I have recently switched to using NativeFSLockFactory so that when my jboss instance
is shutdown or comes down abnormally it does not leave lock files around.  My problem is
that it is not working.

> I have put in debug to be sure that I am really using NativeFSLockFactory.  I have tested
this on XP, Solaris 10, and RedHat 4 with the same results.  I have also just wrote a quick
test program that obtains a lock then loops forever.  I kill the program and once again the
lock file is being left around.  Anyone run into this before?  Am I doing something wrong?

> I am using version 2.4.1.
>
> Thanks,
> Billy
>
> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
e-mail in error please notify the sender.
> Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check
this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for
any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.