lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 1.4.3: Error when creating Searcher
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 19:59:58 GMT
Likely your exception happened because a reader was trying to open
just as a writer was committing, twice in a row.

Do you commit (flush or close) frequently from your writer?

As of 2.1, Lucene no longer uses a commit locks -- commits are now
lockless, so you won't hit this on upgrading to 2.4.

Mike