lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: boost and score doubt
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 09:02:56 GMT
Negative boosts are accepted, though rather "unusual".  Also note that
Lucene by default filters out any hits with scores <= 0.0.

Normally you'd set boost to something > 0.0 (0.1 should work).

What unexpected effect are you seeing?

If you omit norms, then indeed your per-doc boost (and per-field
boost, if used) are discarded (have no effect).

Mike