lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Term Limit?
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 16:03:34 GMT
On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 11:52 AM, deminix <deminix@gmail.com> wrote:
> My crude regex'ing of the code has me thinking it is only term vectors that
> are limited to 32 bits, since they allocate arrays.  Otherwise it seems
> good.  Does that sound right?

Not quite... SegmentTermEnum.seek takes "int p".  TermInfosReader.get
takes int position, though I think (not certain) that method is not
currently used anywhere.  I thought I had found one more place, but I
can't find it again, now.  I guess one could make a stress test and
find out what breaks first ;)

It certainly seems like (so far) relaxing this limitation is far
easier than relaxing the int doc limitation.

Mike