lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: IndexWriter.deleteDocuments(Query query)
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 08:02:09 GMT
John,

I think this has the same problem as exposing delete by docID, ie, how
would you produce that docIdSet?

We could consider delete by Filter instead, since that exposes the
necessary getDocIdSet(IndexReader) method.

Or, with near real-time search, we could enhance it to allow deletions
via the obtained reader (the first approach doesn't).

Mike