lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Mastroianni <MMastroia...@glgroup.com>
Subject RE: kamikaze
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:31:57 GMT
Thanks.

I have a couple quick questions.
1. when I call 	    	DocSetFactory.getDocSetInstance(0, -1, -1,
DocSetFactory.FOCUS.SPACE);

with very large numbers instead of -1, I get OpenBitSets back, which I
found surprising (I get p4 sets back when I pass in the -1 values).

Also, is there any way of creating a plain old DocIdSet out of an
OrDocIdSet or AndDocIdSet, so I don't have to carry around the internal
ArrayList objects?

I couldn't see any way of doing that in the code or docs, but I could
easily be missing something.

regards,
Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: John Wang [mailto:john.wang@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 7:50 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: kamikaze

Hi Michael:
    We are using it internally here at LinkedIn for both our search
engine
as well as our social graph engine. And we have a team developing
actively
on it. Let us know how we can help you.

-John

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Michael Mastroianni <
MMastroianni@glgroup.com> wrote:

> Hi--
>

> Has anyone here used kamikaze much? I'm interested in using it in
> situations where I'll have several docidsets of >2M, plus several in
the
> 10s of thousands.
>

> On prototype basis, I got something running nicely using OpenBitSet,
but
> I can't use that much memory for my real application.
>

> regards,
>
> Michael Mastroianni
>

> This e-mail message, and any attachments, is intended only for the use
of
> the individual or entity identified in the alias address of this
message and
> may contain information that is confidential, privileged and subject
> legal restrictions and penalties regarding its unauthorized disclosure
and
> use. Any unauthorized review, copying, disclosure, use or distribution
is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in
error,
> please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
> message, and any attachments, from your system. Thank you.

This e-mail message, and any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity identified in the alias address of this message and may contain information that is
confidential, privileged and subject to legal restrictions and penalties regarding its unauthorized