lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching for partial matches
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 11:09:41 GMT
Hi

This is possible.  There is an entry on wildcards in the FAQ.  See
also RegexQuery and search the mailing lists for ngrams.

Depending on your setup and requirements you may need to be aware of
the performance implications of wild card searching, particularly
leading wildcards as will be required for the example you give.  See
the FAQ and javadocs for WildcardQuery.

--
Ian.