lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Wang <john.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Autonomy search technology
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 23:24:35 GMT
Not quite.For example,  # of fields is static thru out the corpus. # zones
is per document. E.g. let's say you have 1 million docs, some docs have 2
paragraphs, some 1, and some 10000. You want to limit your search two
paragraph 13. How many fields do you create? What if you add a document with
500000 paragraphs, do you create 500000 fields just for that document?

-John