lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erdinc Yilmazel <erdincyilma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I run Lucene in google app engine?
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:25:50 GMT
Do you think writing a Directory based on google datastore is going to
be useful? Indexing may be done using the cron jobs. I am not sure how
the RAMDirectory will fit because the requests can be scattered to
very different jvm instances in app engine environment.

Erdinc

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Michael McCandless
<lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
> Yes, I believe so (we have a unit test asserting this).
>
> But, there's no guarantee of cross-version compatibility of the serialized form.
>
> Mike
>
> 2009/4/13 Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ् <noble.paul@gmail.com>:
>> that is great.
>>
>> Is it possible to serialize and deserialize a RAMDirectory?
>>
>> --Noble
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Michael McCandless
>> <lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
>>> Lucene's ConcurrentMergeScheduler spawns threads, but you can switch
>>> that to SerialMergeScheduler which does not use threads.
>>>
>>> Some optional classes (FilterManager, ParallelMultiSearcher,
>>> TimeLimitedCollector) spawn threads, but presumably you could avoid
>>> them.
>>>
>>> Otherwise Lucene doesn't create its own threads.
>>>
>>> Mike

got