lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Glen Newton <glen.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I run Lucene in google app engine?
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:57:48 GMT
Another solution is to have your application on the AppEngine, but the
index is on another machine. Then the application 'proxies' the
requests to the machine that has the index, which is using Solr
[http://lucene.apache.org/solr/] or some other way to expose to the
index to the web.

Yes, this means you still need hosting for the index + Solr.

-glen
http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/

-