lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestive Search
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 22:34:17 GMT
If you use prefix grams only then you'll get a forward-only suggestion
scheme. I've seen several implementation that use that and it works
quite well.

harry potter: ^ha, ^har, ^harr, ^harry, ^harry p, ^harry po..
harry houdini: ^ha, ^har, ^harr, ^harry, ^harry h, ^harry ho..

I prefere the trie-pattern though. Just rememberd there is an old one
in LUCENE-625.

      karl