lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Radhalakshmi Sreedharan" <Radhalakshm...@infosys.com>
Subject Need help : SpanNearQuery
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:34:30 GMT
Hi ,

I have a question related to SpanNearQuery.

As of now, the  SpanNearQuery has the constraint that all the terms need to present in the
document.
Eg : If my SpanNearQuery terms  are ( ab,bc,cd) all of them need to be found within a span
of "n" and unordered.

But my requirement is similar to  <http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/lucene/java-user/67382#67382>

I need a hit even if there are 2/3 terms found with the span being applied for those 2 terms.

Is there any custom implementation in place for this? I checked SrndQuery but that also doesn't
work.

This is my workaround currently:

1)      For a list of terms ( ab,bc, cd,ef) , make a set like ( ab,bc) , ( bc,cd) ( ab,cd)
(bc,ef) ( ab,bc,cd) ( ab,bc,cd,ef)..... and so on.

2)      Create a spanNearQuery for  each of these terms

3)      Add it to the booleanQuery with a  SHOULD clause.

However this approach gives me puzzling scores
 eg If my document has  only ( ab,bc,cd) the penalty for the missing ef is very high and my
score comes down quite a bit.

< the score value is  of importance as I am using it further down the line for other calculations>

It would be great if you can help me out with this.

Regards,
Radha

Infosys e-mail system.