lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: BitSet Filter ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException?
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 06:39:52 GMT
> >> How would I get all the doc ids with a given (stored) field from a
> >> Reader?
> >>  I am trying:
> >>
> >>  TermDocs td = reader.termDocs();
> >
> > Relatively new in 2.9, you can pass null to enumerate over all non-
> > deleted docs:
> > TermDocs td = reader.termDocs(null);

Or even faster: use a column stride field (not yet available), but as a
workaround (see Michael Busch's talk at ApacheCon:
https://www.box.net/file/273223052/encoded/26352752/9701662183cdd5f9c7ff68b9
e25a631c): Index a "dummy" term for each document, attach a payload
containing the value to it and then use TermPositions on this single term,
iterating over all documents and retrieve the payload.

Uwe