lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene SnowBall unexpected behavior for some terms
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 20:11:52 GMT
A quick search (http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/?q=snowball+back+compatibility
) yields that Snowball was updated in LUCENE-1142 (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1142

) and that we discussed a little bit about back compatibility with
regards to contrib.

In all likelihood, the change is actually due to the Snowball project
changing how it stems those particular words.  In which case, you
could take it up w/ them, but it will come down to whether they view
it as a bug (in which case it will be fixed) or whether they think it
is the correct choice to make for most situations.

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

using Solr/Lucene:

On Apr 15, 2009, at 3:57 PM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

> I seem to recall some Snowball-related incompatibilities around
> Lucene 2.4.0 release, but can't find the exact details at the
> moment... but this was documented somewhere (Wiki?)
>
> Otis
> --

>>> correctly. So far I found only one case spa - spas. spas are not