lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shashi Kant <shashi....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Autonomy search technology
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 04:04:06 GMT
Hmm..not sure I would call Autonomy a "superb product". IMHO It is anything
but. In fact, it is what one calls bloat-ware.I have had some experience
with Autonomy and it is hardly something you should consider using unless
you are eager to shoot yourself in the foot. I fundamentally disagree with
Patrick's characterization as a "superb product".  My experiences are far
from it. Overall, I would apply that experience to most of the COTS such as
FAST (MS), Endeca et al.

I would much rather work with a tool that I can tweak and customize freely
without being asked to pay through my nose for every tiny thing.

Hope that helps,
Shashi