lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <>
Subject no segments* file found: files: Error on opening index
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:57:00 GMT
Hi I was using a RAMDirectory and this was working fine but have now
moved over to a  filesystem directory to preserve space, the directory
is just initialized once
    directory = new RAMDirectory();
    directory =
FSDirectory.getDirectory(Platform.getPlatformLicenseFolder()+ "/" +

but I create an IndexReader as required
     IndexReader ir =;
and then close it when Ive finished with it.

but sometimes it is failing with
    no segments* file found: files:
interestingly no file is specified in the error message whereas other
reporters of this message show a reference to an actual file in the message.

My code is multithreaded so Im wondering if the problem is that two
thread have both opened an IndexReader, or one thread is using an
IndexWriter to add a document, whilst another is trying to read. But I
wasnt aware either of these cases was not allowed, any ideas ?

thanks Paul

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message