lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Vasilev <ivasi...@sirma.bg>
Subject Re: SpanQuery wildcards?
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:23:29 GMT
Thanks Guys for the answers!

Steven, I tried with the ".*" instead of "*" but it did not worked as
desired. The ".*" does not replace any symbol(s) in the query. I tested
with different Analyzers. Depending on Analyzer it is omitted or ".*"
are treated just as normal symbols.

Mark, your class ComplexPhraseQueryParser attached in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1486 really does the job.
Do you know if it interferes the performance? Also do you know if it
could lead to Exceptions like TooManyClauses Exception or similar?
If your class does not impact the performance and not cause such
Exceptions, then it should replace the Lucene's QueryParser, isn't it?
Otherwise before parsing query we should do some preliminary estimation
if it is Span query with wildcards and use the ComplexPhraseQueryParser
only in that case.

Best Regards,
Ivan