lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christiaan Fluit <christiaan.fl...@aduna-software.com>
Subject Re: MergeException
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 20:26:28 GMT
I have experienced similar problems (see the "semi-infinite loop during
merging" thread - still working out the problem): the merger gets into
an infinite loop and causes my drive to be filled with temporary files
that are not deleted, until it runs out of space. Sometimes it exits
with a MergeException wrapping one of a variety of IOExceptions (e.g. a
FileNotFoundException), sometimes it just keeps on consuming all
available CPU time.

I think the "_k0z.fnm" file name indicates that a lot of segments have
already been created, as it starts iterating with _0, _1, ... I don't
want to jump to conclusions immediately, but this is consistent with a
merger gone loose.

Was your drive full as well afterwards?

Regards,

Chris