lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Murat Yakici <murat.yak...@cis.strath.ac.uk>
Subject Using Payloads
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:39:34 GMT
Hi,
I started playing with the experimental payload functionality. I have
written an analyzer which adds a payload (some sort of a score/boost)
for each term occurance. The payload/score for each term is dependent on
the document that the term comes from (I guess this is the typoical use
case). So say term t1 may have a payload of 5 in doc1 and 34 in doc5.
The parameter for calculating the payload changes after each
indexWriter.addDocument(..) method call in a while loop. I am assuming
that the indexWriter.addDocument(..) methods are thread safe. Can I
confirm this?

Cheers,

--
Murat Yakici
Department of Computer & Information Sciences