lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Vasilev <ivasi...@sirma.bg>
Subject Re: Best way for paging with TopDocs class?
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 18:36:39 GMT
OK Guys Thanks ,

Thanks for your help. I really think that paging without caching will be
best for in case. I think in most cases users find results in the first
page. When not, I think they would not not go through more than 2-3 more
pages or just will narrow the search by adding more filter words.
As Erick says the performance will be with no practical difference. If
not I can apply caching. But I think unnecessary caching results on most
one-page queries will just make more usage of RAM and after that GC what
is worse that avoiding cache at all.

Thanks Again,
Ivan