lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Hall <mh...@informatics.jax.org>
Subject Re: Multiple Analyzer on Single field
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 16:41:27 GMT
... erm.. I'm still not quite sure what you are talking about.

But what you are trying to do, really isn't that hard.  Here's some
sample code that should get you to where you want to be:

During document creation time do something like this:

        doc.add(new Field("data",
                /data/,
                Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.TOKENIZED));
        doc.add(new Field("sdata",
                 /data/,
                Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.TOKENIZED));

Repeat for as many times you want the same data to be searchable via a
different analyzer.

Then at indexWriter time do something like this:

                PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper aWrapper = new
PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper(
                        new StandardAnalyzer());
                aWrapper.addAnalyzer("data", new /AnalyzerForDataField/);
                aWrapper.addAnalyzer("sdata", new /AnalyzerForsdataField/);
                writer = new IndexWriter(INDEX_DIR, aWrapper, true);

Again repeating for each field you want searchable via a different analyzer.

At search time, make sure your query parser uses this same
PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper, and you will be all set.

Well.. unless I really didn't understand what you were trying to do here...

There's always that possibility.

Matt