lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sequential match query
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2009 01:11:22 GMT
On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Erick Erickson
<erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:
> That'll teach me to scan a post. The link I sent you
> is still relevant, but wildcards are NOT intended to be used to
> concatenate terms. You want a phrase query or a span query
> for that. i.e. "A C F"~# where # is the "slop", that is, the number
> of other terms allowed to appear between your desired terms.
>
> SpanQueries are constructed programmatically, and PhraseQueries
> are produced by the parser.

As I understand it though, there's no way to use the queryparser to
construct an *ordered* phrase query with slop (which is what I think
he's after), right?  I gather that'd have to be done manually with a
SpanNearQuery.  I'd love to hear that the query parser has syntax for
this though...

--tim