lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Seltzer" <dselt...@TVEyes.com>
Subject Yet another NFS Question...
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:42:17 GMT
Hi everyone,

There has been a lot of discussion regarding Lucene+NFS pitfalls. I'm
not sure how to proceed with a more distributed operation.

I'm trying to take the indexing load off of our search server. I can do
this either by building a new server which hosts the Indexer and the
Index, or a server which hosts the Searcher and the Index. The two boxes
will be connected via NFS.

In our system there are no updates or deletes. Just lots of "add" and
"optimize" calls.

What is the best way to handle this sort of situation? My inclination is
build a new Search Server (with fast HDDs and lots of Memory for tomcat)
and leave the indexer on the old server connected via NFS.

Thanks!

-Dave