lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Seltzer" <dselt...@TVEyes.com>
Subject Boolean Logic inside a QueryWrapperFilter
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:15:09 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I have some code that dynamically creates a Boolean query designed to
work as a filter. After the query runs I end up with this filter.

Filter: QueryWrapperFilter(+(-SourceID:100)
+spanNear([ArticleContent:nuclear, ArticleContent:proliferation], 30,
false))

My expectation is that this should limit the resultset to only results
that matches 'nuclear' NEAR 'proliferation' and are not tagged with
SourceID 100. Can anyone think of a reason that this would exclude all
content?

There are plenty of legitimate hits.

Is the +(-SourceID:100) a problem?

Thanks!