lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Seltzer" <dselt...@TVEyes.com>
Subject Servlets Sharing Resources
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:01:46 GMT
Hi All,

Sorry for the slightly off-topic question, but I've just run into a gap
in my understanding of Servlet programming.

The question: Is it possible for two servlets to share access to an
instance of IndexSearcher or an IndexReader? I'm thinking about setting
up a Search servlet to provide XML search results and a Statistics
servlet to provide numeric statistics based on the same data.

I imagine the right way to do it is to make both servlets child classes
of a manager class, but I'm not sure how that would look. I'm also not
sure how to configure tomcat in this scenario?

-Dave