lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Seltzer" <dselt...@TVEyes.com>
Subject Retrieving TokenStream from Tokenized Non-Stored Field
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 14:45:24 GMT
Hi All,
I have a document with a field called "TextTranscript". Its created
using the following command:

myDoc.add(new Field("TextTranscript", sTranscriptBody, Field.Store.NO,
Field.Index.TOKENIZED));

I'm then trying to retrieve the TokenStream by pulling the field.

Field fTextTranscript = lucDoc.getField("TextTranscript");

But fTextTranscript seems always to be NULL.  My understanding is that I
should be able to retrieve the TokenString, even if it's not "Stored".
Am I incorrect? Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks!

-Dave