lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Seltzer" <dselt...@TVEyes.com>
Subject Using SpanNearQuery.getSpans() in a Search Result
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 13:36:44 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to use SpanNearQuery.getSpans(IndexReader)
when working with a result set from a query.

Maybe I have a fundamental misunderstanding of what an IndexReader is -
I'm under the impression that it's a mechanism for sequentially
accessing the documents in an index. So I'm not really sure how that
helps me find the spans inside a search result.

My problem is compounded by the fact that I'm using
ParallelMultiSearcher so I'm not even 100% sure that I know what index
each Hit is located in.

All of the examples I find (in LIA and from CNLP) demonstrate on an
in-memory index created for the sake of the example.

Can anyone give me any guidance on this?

Thanks!

-Dave