lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Max Lynch <ihas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phrase Highlighting
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 04:15:32 GMT
You should switch to the SpanScorer (in o.a.l.search.highlighter).
> That fragment scorer should only match true phrase matches.
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike.  I gave it a try and it wasn't working how I expected.  I am
using pylucene right now so I can ask them if the implementation is
different.  I'm messing around with the lucene unit tests to see exactly how
the scorer should work.

In the mean time, If I am interested in finding out exactly how many times a
term was found in a document, what is the best way to go about this?  The
way I am doing it right now is using a highlighter and just incrementing
counters when a word is found that I'm interested.  I just came across
FieldSortedTermVectorMapper that could do something similar.  Is
FieldSortedTermVectorMapper something I could use for this?  Is there a
better option?

Thanks,
Max