lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Max Lynch <ihas...@gmail.com>
Subject Phrase Highlighting
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 01:49:12 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to find out exactly when a word I'm looking for in a document is
found.  I've talked to a few people on IRC and it seems like the best way is
to use a highlighter.  What I have right now is a system where I put each
word the highlighter is called with into a list so I then know which words
were found.  However, I am doing searches with phrases, like "John Smith",
yet the highlighter processes "John" and "Smith" separately.  I have found
several old mailing list references that deal with this issue but I haven't
found one that I can understand.

How can I make the highlighter handle my entire phrase instead of each word
in the phrase?

Thanks,
Max