lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Appropriate analyzer
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:44:28 GMT
*If* your terms are simple (that is, not wildcarded), you may get
some joy from TermEnum. The idea here would be to find the
longest term *already in your index* that satisfies your need and
use that to form a simple TermQuery....

Essentially using TernEnum.skipTo on successively shorter
strings until it returned true...

Best
Erick